The manuscript should be an original research paper that sufficiently contributes novelty to empowering and community services and its derivation from authors who have not been published in other journals. Authors are requested to submit their papers electronically by using the Surya Abdimas online submission procedure. The corresponding author should also provide a statement that the manuscript is not concurrently being under consideration for publication elsewhere. The Editors will ignore submissions that do not follow these procedures.
Structure of the manuscripts
- Title. The title should be clear and informative, and not more than 14 words.
- Author's names and institutions. The author's names should be accompanied by the author's institutions and email addresses, without any academic title. For a joint paper, one of the authors should be notified as the corresponding author, please mark with *.
- Abstract and keywords. The abstract should be less than 200 words. The abstract contains a clear elaboration of the research purpose, method, and result. Please provide the abstract in both English or Indonesian versions. The keywords should be 3 to 5 words or phrases.
- Introduction. This section explains the background of the study, a review of the previous researches in the area, and the aims of the manuscripts. Importantly it should also show the significance and novelty of the research.
- Methods. This section describes the appropriate tools of analysis along with the data and their sources. Research methods contain expositions in the form of paragraphs containing time and place of research, design, materials/research subjects, procedures/techniques of data collection, instruments, and data analysis techniques (10-15% of total article length)
- Results and Discussion. This section explains the results of the study. It should be presented clearly and concisely. Author(s) should explore the novelty or the contribution of the work to the science education literature.
- Conclusion. This section concludes and provides policy implications, if any, of the study. The conclusion(s) should be in the same order as ones discussed in the body of the manuscript. Presented in paragraph form on the research findings.
- References. This section lists only the papers, books, or other types of publications referred to in the body of the manuscript.
General Writing Format
- The manuscript is prepared in an A4 paper, double-sided, and single line spacing format. A new paragraph should start with 5 characters from the left margin, using a 10-size, Book Antiqua font type.
- The manuscript is written in Bahasa Indonesia or English.
- The manuscript should be between 5 to 15 pages long (3000-7000 words).
- The top 2,0 cm and the bottom margins are 2,0 cm. Left margin 1,5 cm, and right margin are 1,5 cm.
- The title is written using capital letters only at first word or special name (example: location name), 12 pt Platino Linotype font size, bold, and center position.
- Subtitles are written using UPPERCASEBOLD style, Book Antiqua 11 font size, starting from the left margin.
- Sub of subtitles, if any, are written using capital letters only at first word or special name. They should be started from the left margin.
- Sub of the sub of subtitles, if any, are written using capital letters only at the beginning of each word except for connecting words. They should be started from the left margin.
- References should be those of the last ten years' publication (> 80%), except for key references (80%). Referring to any textbook should be minimized (< 20%).
Specific Writing Format
- Equations and formula (if any) should be numbered as (1), (2)...etc appearing to their right.
- Estimation results from a software package are not allowed to be directly presented in the paper. They should be presented in summary tables.
Tables and Figures
Tables and figures should be presented as follows:
- The name of tables and figures should follow a numbering system (Arabic numbering system). The title of the tables and figures are placed at the top and the bottom respectively.
- The tables and figures should provide the source of information, if any, at the bottom.
- Any table should contain only heading and contents. The table contains row lines only without column lines. Note(s) and source(s) should be included underneath the table where appropriate.
Acknowledgment, if any, should be written of the manuscript's title.
Citation in the text body should be written using the family name and years of publication. Example:
- Reff (Adi, 2020) suggests that the objective of depreciation is...
- Inflation targeting would be sufficient (Adi, 2020).
- The definition of contagion is ... (Adi, 2020)(Pratiwi, 2019).
- The Authors are recommended to use Mendeley Reference Software, Zotero Reference Software.
The manuscript is expected to involve approximately 20-25 primary and up-to-date references to assert high-quality contributions to knowledge development. Citations and references must strictly follow the APA style. References should include only works that are cited within the text of the manuscript.
References should appear as:
Book with one author:
A.A. Author, (2005). Title of the book. Location/City, State: Publisher. pp: xx
Book with two authors:
A.A. Author, B.B. Author. (2005). Title of the book. Location/City, State: Publisher.
Book with more than two authors:
A.A. Author, B.B. Author, & C.C. Author. (2005). Title of the book. Location/City, State: Publisher.
Akhdinirwanto, R. W., Ashari, A., & Kurniawan, E. S. (2019). Pendampingan Persiapan Olimpiade Sains Bagi Siswa di SMP Negeri 5 Wates. Surya Abdimas, 3(2), 64-68. https://doi.org/10.37729/abdimas.v3i2.558
Kurniawan, E. S., Pratiwi, U., & Fatmaryanti, S. D. (2019). Asistensi Praktikum Fisika dan Pendampingan Fun Science Project Bagi Peserta Didik di SMA Negeri 9 Purworejo. Surya Abdimas, 3(1), 12-20. https://doi.org/10.37729/abdimas.v3i1.482
A.A. Author, (Ed.).(2009) “Title of work”. Location/City, State: Publisher.
A. Author., B. B, Author., & C. C. Author., (2017). Title of paper. in Conference Title, 288(1), 12030. http://doi.org/10.1088/1757-899X/288/1/012030
The manuscript should be prepared according to the following Surya Abdimas MS Word template