JPSE Publication Ethics
Jurnal Pendidikan Surya Edukasi (JPSE) is one of the journals managed by the Institute for Research and Community Service, Universitas Muhammadiyah Purworejo, which was first published in June 2015. JPSE is a scientific journal that is published online or in printout, JPSE publishes articles or works on scientific research results in the field of education.
This scientific publication ethics statement is a statement of the code of ethics for all parties involved in the publication process of this scientific journal, namely the manager, editor, reviewer, and authors. The code of ethics for scientific publications essentially upholds three ethical values in publications, namely (i) Neutrality, namely being free from conflicts of interest in managing publications; (ii) Justice, namely giving authorship rights to those entitled to be authors; and (iii) Honesty, namely free from duplication, fabrication, falsification and plagiarism in publications.
Duties and Responsibilities of Journal Manager
- Determine the name of the journal, scientific scope, periodicity, and accreditation if necessary.
- Determine the membership of the editorial board.
- Defines the relationship between publishers, editors, publishers and other parties in a contract.
- Respect matters of a confidential nature, both for contributing researchers, authors/authors, editors, and reviewers.
- Implement norms and provisions regarding intellectual property rights, especially copyright.
- Review journal policies and convey them to the author/writers, editorial board, reviewers, and readers.
- Create code of conduct guidelines for editors and review partners.
- Publish journals regularly.
- Ensure the availability of funding sources for the sustainability of journal publication.
- Building cooperation and marketing networks.
- Prepare permits and other legal aspects.
Editor's Duties and Responsibilities
- Meeting the needs of readers and authors/writers,
- Striving to continuously improve the quality of publications,
- Implement processes to ensure the quality of published written work,
- Prioritizing freedom of opinion objectively,
- Maintaining the integrity of the author's academic track record,
- Deliver corrections, clarifications, withdrawals and apologies if necessary,
- Responsible for the style and format of the written work, while the content and all statements in the written work are the responsibility of the author/writer,
- Actively solicit the opinions of authors, readers, reviewers and editorial board members to improve the quality of publications,
- Encourage an assessment of the journal if there are findings,
- Support initiatives to reduce research and publication errors by asking authors to attach an Ethical Clearance form that has been approved by the Ethical Clearance Commission,
- Support initiatives to educate researchers about publication ethics,
- Examining the effect of publication policies on the attitudes of authors/authors and reviewers and improving them to increase responsibility and minimize errors,
- Having an open mind to new opinions or other people's views that may conflict with personal opinions,
- Do not defend your own opinion, author or third party which could result in non-objective decisions,
- Encourage authors/authors to improve their written work until it is suitable for publication.
Reviewer Duties and Responsibilities
- Receive an assignment from the editor to review written work and submit the results of the review to the editor, as material for determining the suitability of a written work for publication.
- Reviewers may not carry out reviews of written works that involve themselves, either directly or indirectly
- Maintain the author's privacy by not disseminating the results of corrections, suggestions and recommendations by providing criticism, suggestions, input and recommendations
- Encourage authors/writers to make improvements to written work
- Review written work that has been corrected according to predetermined standards.
- Written works are reviewed in a timely manner according to the style of the publication environment based on scientific principles (data collection methods, legality of authors, conclusions, etc.).
Author Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure that those included in the list of authors/authors meet the criteria as authors/writers.
- Collectively responsible for the work and content of the article including methods, analysis, calculations and details.
- State the origin of resources (including funding), either directly or indirectly.
- Explain the limitations of the research
- Respond to comments made by Bestari partners in a professional and timely manner.
- Inform the editor if you will withdraw your written work.
- Make a statement that the written work submitted for publication is original, has never been published anywhere in any language, and is not in the process of being submitted to another publisher.